This guide will help you to find out how to buy Dogecoin in Australia. First of all, this post is not financial or investment advice. This is also not the only way to buy Dogecoin in Australia as there are many platforms to choose from, but this guide is the way I have bought Dogecoin in Australia and have tested that it does work. Buying cryptocurrency for the first time can be scary and I know because I just did it for the first time this year. But it doesn’t have to be scary and may not be as hard as you may think.
How Do I Buy Dogecoin in Australia?
Currently I am using Coinspot to purchase Dogecoin in Australia. I have been using for the last month and a half and so far have found it to be easy and secure. The reason that I chose Coinspot over other trading platforms is that Coinspot is Australian owned. Other Cryptocurrency exchanges are based overseas, some popular ones include Binance (Cayman Islands) and Coinbase (USA). Choosing Coinspot over the others was simple really, I didn’t want to send my money overseas. I did however try to use Coinbase before I signed up to Coinspot and I couldn’t figure out how to withdraw any money out of there that I put inside their website. If there is a way, it’s way too hard to use for a beginner like me. Australia also isn’t listed as a supported country in the Coinbase support section, see here. Coinbase doesn’t actually have Dogecoin inside of it either, you can’t even buy it (yet). Binance which is another popular platform does allow you to purchase Dogecoin but I haven’t personally tried that platform yet. So Coinspot became my platform and I’m sticking with it. It’s fast to deposit money in and also quick to withdraw money to your bank account if you need to.
Things to know about Coinspot: There’s fees! Each time you buy or sell a small fee will be there and you will get charged for it. I don’t find them too high, but it’s good to know they exist. You can read about their fees here.
To purchase Dogecoin in Australia using Coinspot, you will need to follow these steps:
- Do your own research first then if you are okay with it all, you will need to create an account with Coinspot. Click here to create an account.
- I recommend setting up 2 factor authentication as soon as you can for account security once you have an account. You can find this in the security section of Coinspot.
- Once approved and your account is ready and secure, you will need to deposit money into Coinspot
- Coinspot has several deposit methods, it’s up to you what you prefer to use. You can choose from POLi, PayID, BPay, Cash Deposit and Direct Deposit (I recommend just putting in something small like $1 to start with until you feel okay with the process of depositing and buying).
- Once you have deposited your money you will need to buy your first Dogecoin.
- Click on Buy/Sell in the menu at the top of Coinspot. It will take you to a page with a list of coins you can buy and sell.
- Find Dogecoin.
- Click on Buy Doge
- Type in the amount of Dogecoin you would like to buy. In the example below we will get $1 AUD worth of Dogecoin. This is about 2.16 Doge as I’m writing this article.
- After clicking the ‘Buy’ button, Coinspot will ask you to confirm your amount (there will be a small fee from Coinspot). Accept this and you’re done!
- Dogecoin should now show up in your Coinspot wallet. Simply navigate to the menu at the top of the page and click “Wallets” to check your balance.
Note: We may earn commissions on links clicked in this post, however it does not affect your prices as a consumer. These ads/links help to support Resident Entertainment and keep our content free.