Samira Release Date
The Samira Release Date is Wednesday September 16 2020. Samira will be available to play in League Of Legends in patch 10.19. This post will be updated in the future if any more news emerges or changes about the Samira release date.
What’s been announced so far about Samira?
So far Riot has released one new trailer on its channel for the new champion they call Samira, it showcases a few of her abilities and gives players a little bit of a glimpse at the backstory and art of the character. You can watch it in full below.
When does League Of Legends Patch 10.19 come out?
There were no details in the trailer about the Samira release date, so it’s possible that it could get moved, however the Riot website for the character mentions she will be available in patch 10.19. When I had a look for the League Of Legends Patch schedule, I was able to find that the patch date for 10.19 is listed to be this September. You can see a list of League Of Legends patches and their release date schedule on the League Of Legends support website right here, there’s quite a few upcoming patches!
What does Samira do?
The character moves a little bit different to how I remember Katarina. She swings swords, but also has some guns. Riot is calling Samira the “Desert Rose”. Ahead of the Samira release date, the Riot website has detailed her abilities to be the following:
- Passive: Daredevil Impulse. Chaining non-repeating abilities (and basic attacks) increases Samira’s Style grade by one letter, from “E” to “S” rank. Every Style grade gives her bonus movement speed. Samira can also damage enemies at range with her guns or with her sword in melee range; the latter dealing bonus magic damage. Samira can also juggle enemies who are movement-impaired by her allies in the air, extending the displacement.
- Q – Flair: Samira fires a shot at her enemies directly when at range with her guns. Enemies in melee range will instead be damaged by a slash of her sword.
- W – Blade Whirl: Samira slashes the area around her with her sword, damaging enemies in the vicinity twice and destroying any enemy missiles in the area at cast and that enter the area after the fact.
- E – Wild Rush: Samira dashes through an enemy or ally, dealing magic damage to any enemies passed through and gaining bonus attack speed for a duration. Takedowns of enemy champions reset Wild Rush’s cooldown.
- R – Inferno Trigger: Samira unleashes a torrent of shots from her weapons, wildly attacking any enemies around her 10 times over a duration. Each shot deals physical damage, applies lifesteal, and can critically strike. Samira can only cast Inferno Trigger if her current Style grade is at “S” (the max grade).
If you want to view the abilities in a video style format, I recommend taking a look at the Riot website as they have images of it here.
If any more news emerges about the Samira release date or if we see that patch 10.19 is delayed, then we’ll update this post and change the Samira release date. For now, it looks like it won’t be too long before we can all play the character. I love the look of this hero so far and can’t wait to play her in League Of Legends very soon.
For more release date news from Resident Entertainment, you can find it in our release dates section here.