The Sims 3 Island Paradise is a new expansion for the Sims 3 game due to be released June 27 in Australia or the 28th for those in New Zealand. It brings more of an island theme to the game where players can explore the all new island paradise. You can see the full trailer for what the the expansion offers below.
Screenshots from Island Paradise
What are the new features offered?
- Set sail for adventure. Be it by paddle boat or speedboat, your Sims can now leave port to discover new lands and explore like never before, from inter-island travel to discovering their own uncharted island.
- Build and run a five-star resort. Create a family-friendly resort of water slides and buffet tables, a romantic retreat dotted with minimalist cottages, or a singles resort featuring multiple pool bars where Sims can mingle and flirt. Choose and fine-tune your amenities, set your prices, and wait for the reviews—and Simoleons—to pour in. The higher your star rating, the more popular your resort will be!
- Life is a beach. See what surprises await under the sea as your Sims build their skills in snorkeling/scuba diving. Your Sims may find themselves on the shore of a new island or discover sunken or buried treasure.
- Boat sweet boat. Whether your Sims love the water or are just prone to wanderlust, a houseboat may be the perfect abode. Houseboats are fully customizable and can be moored at any open port, so if your Sims tire of the view, relocate to a new locale!
- New ways to build. New stilted foundations give your Sims the best of both worlds—a home that’s partially on the water and partially on land. Build a resort, create travelling houseboats, and customize your very own island paradise for your Sims!
The Sims 3 Island Paradise will also be available with Mac along with PC. The game will be available from both EA’s origin store and retailers from the 28th of June 2013.