Get Version 1.18 For StarCraft And StarCraft: Brood War For Free
You can now Get Version 1.18 For StarCraft And StarCraft: Brood War For Free. Blizzard has released the game for free for fans of the game to download. It seems to be a bit of an attempt to get some interest going for the game ahead of the release of the remastered HD/4k version of the game which is soon to be released. Information about the new HD re-release of the classic RTS game can be found here.
The game is available on both PC and Mac. Click on the links below for your chosen system to start your download of the game.
Details, download links and patch details can be found on the Blizzard site right here.
Blizzard’s patch note updates for Version 1.18 For StarCraft
Note: “When patching StarCraft, please use the ‘Run as Admin’ option; it is required during your first client run to migrate saves and avoid issues from Windows system admin changes.”
StarCraft: Brood War Patch 1.18 Patch Notes
- Added windowed fullscreen or windowed mode; use Alt+Enter to switch between.
- Added UTF-8 support.
- Added cursor clamping in-game while windowed; unclamped in menus.
- Added Popular Maps to streamline finding games or game types.
- Added options to display actions per minute.
- Added Observer mode.
- Added opponent information when joining a game lobby.
- Added autosaving for replays.
- Added an option to display the game timer.
- Added UPnP support.
- Updated to a new OpenGL backend.
- Improved gameplay responsiveness during multiplayer by increasing turn rate to match LAN speeds over Battle.net.
- Improved UI layout in Battle.net sections.
- Improved behavior of available lobbies within the ‘Join Game’ section.
- Improved compatibility with Windows 7, 8.1, and 10.
- Improved anticheat capabilities.
- Improved installation and patching performance.
- Mac Beta support now available for 10.11 and up.
- Fixed palette issues to correct rainbow water, 80s Kerrigan face in the loading screen, and other graphic glitches.
- Fixed problems with LAN game discovery.
- Fixed IME support and other text artifacts in Battle.net menus.
- LAN and Legacy Battle.net fixes.
- The profile section is currently unavailable.