505 games and developer Remedy have announced that new content is on its way for Control. The game was recently released and it’s no doubt many are still playing through the story mode (myself included) but it’s nice to see there’s some extra support to go back to the game for those who have already finished it, loved it and want more.
Here is a list of what’s coming to Control soon:
- Photo Mode: Remedy is working on the much-desired Photo Mode, arriving this fall free to all players, which will enable players to take awesome snapshots of Jesse in the Oldest House.
- New Game Mode: In December, the Expeditions game mode will be released, offering challenging new end-game content in which Jesse must help Security Chief Arish explore the mysterious Formation and its strange surroundings. Here you will face some of the greatest challenges the Oldest House has to throw at you. Expeditions will be free to all players.
- Expansions: In 2020, two full, paid Expansions will be released, The Foundation and AWE. Both will offer new story missions, teams, enemies and game mechanics, and will take place in new locations within the Oldest House.
- The Foundation will delve into the history of the Oldest House. At the request of the ever-mysterious Board, Jesse must explore what lies beneath the Bureau as she returns order to the Foundation and the Oldest House itself.
- The second Expansion, AWE, will take Jesse into a new area of the Oldest House, the Investigations Sector, where the Bureau closely examines Altered World Events.
Depending on the version of the game purchased players will either get this content for free or they’ll have to purchase it as an extra. There’s no release date and it’s still in coming soon mode, but I’d say it will probably only be some months a way at most.