A Sombra hack nerf is soon to be coming to Overwatch which is in response to a bunch of complaints from a variety of players about the recent Sombra buffs and hack speed increases. Currently at the moment players feel that the hacks are too quick and there’s little they can do against Sombra to counter the hacks, there’s also some issues with characters getting hacked behind walls or when line of sight is lost which has made quite a few people frustrated.
It seems Blizzard has been listening to player complaints and Overwatch developer Geoff Goodman went on the forums and posted the following:
We’re making some more changes to Sombra next patch to address these issues. There are two main changes coming:
- Any time Sombra’s hack is interrupted by damage, hacking will go on cooldown for 2 seconds. With this change, Sombra will have to be more careful about choosing when and who to hack instead of just holding down the button and waiting for people to miss and/or reload etc.
- There is currently a 0.1s window of time at the end of the hack where it cannot be canceled via line of sight or other effects (such as Tracer’s recall, Zarya bubbles, etc). This exists so it doesn’t constantly get broken by very small line of sight blockers such as light posts and signs, etc. We are removing this window and instead now using multiple LOS checks to make sure the small LOS blockers are still not a problem. In addition to this, we’re speeding up the update rate of her hacking so that it is more responsive in checking for these fail conditions. The combination of these things means it should be much more reasonable to respond to a hack targeting you.
The intent of all of her recent changes is still to increase her overall strength and viability. We’re keeping a close eye on her to make sure she lands in a good place.
As a Sombra main I can understand the frustration other players might have playing against her as I’ve triggered quite a few and even reached 100 hacks in a single competitive match myself last week. The be honest there really wasn’t much the other team could do about it to stop me. I feel that this might put Sombra’s skill level for players up a little as she’ll be a little harder to play for people starting with her as stray bullets can be hard to dodge, but if you’re a Sombra main you’ll know the right time to hack and not the right time to hack someone is, so we’ll have to see how this turns out.
Let us know in the comments what you think of the Sombra hack nerf coming in the next patch.
Get Free Loot In Overwatch Through D.Va’s Nano Cola Challenge
Blizzard has just let us know that at the moment and up until September 11 (AEST/NZST) players can participate in D.Va’s Nano Cola Challenge in Overwatch. Wins in quick play, competitive and arcade will earn you additional rewards on top of your normal earnings. These include:
- Win three games, and earn two new D.Va sprays!
- Three additional victories (for a total of six) to earn a new D.Va player icon!
- Finally, three more wins (a total of nine) and you will take home the Nano Cola D.Va skin!
During this Overwatch event you can also earn rewards by watching some streamers for a certain amount of time. The streamers Blizzard has listed can be found here. Bonuses for watching include:
- Two hours watched of the promotional streams will earn you one new emoji spray
- Two more hours watched (total of four) will earn you two more new sprays
- Two more hours watched (total of six) will earn you another two new sprays
- Watching another two hours (for a grand total of eight) will earn you three more new sprays, eight in all!
Source: Blizzard Australia
Watch: “Shooting Star” Director’s Commentary
Recently Blizzard released a brand new animated short called “Shooting Star” which featured the D.Va character in Overwatch. You can watch the brand new animated short in full right here. Today though we’ve received some directors commentary narrated by Ben Dai, Project Director at Blizzard Animation and Jake Patton, Lead Editor at Blizzard Video.
For fans of Overwatch and the new animated short this video gives a great behind the scenes glimpse into the video creation process.
Watch The Brand New Overwatch Animated Short “Shooting Star”
Blizzard has released a brand new animated short for Overwatch. This time the animated short focuses on the character of D.Va and her origin story. The YouTube video’s description reads “Behold the origin story of Overwatch’s hyper-focused and talented mech pilot in our latest animated short: Shooting Star!”
You can watch the full “Shooting Star” animated short below. Enjoy!
- Latest news9 months ago
The Biggest Album Debuts of 2018: U.S. Chart
- Featured2 weeks ago
Spider-Man: Far From Home Review
- Australian Release Dates1 week ago
Sea Of Solitude Out Now On PS4, Xbox & PC
- Featured2 years ago
Alias Grace Review
- Gaming Deals & Sales6 days ago
Get A Free Copy Of Final Fantasy XIV When Ordering Domino’s Pizza This Week
- Australian Release Dates1 week ago
Bad Boys For Life Australian Release Date
- Featured2 months ago
- Articles6 days ago
The Biggest Album Debuts of 2019: Updated Chart